Hugo Reed and Associates, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Transportation Engineer with experience in municipal roadway design and roadway drainage in Lubbock, Texas.
HRA, founded in 1948, is a Lubbock, Texas based civil engineering, land surveying, and land planning firm with a strong reputation for providing the highest quality of service to our clients in the public and private sectors.
This position will be responsible for the management and design of transportation projects including roadway geometric design, drainage analysis and design, schematic development, and development of plans, specifications and estimates. Candidates must have a demonstrated ability to manage project budgets, personnel, and schedules in addition to design responsibilities.
The applicant will be responsible for oversight of CADD technicians, EITs, and other professional engineers as assigned and is expected to have skills/experience in the following area:
- Roadway design of vertical and horizontal alignments
- Roadway hydraulics
- TXDOT design criteria
- Pavement section design
- Preparation of plans, specification, and estimate packages (PS&E’s)
- Management of sub-consultants
- Coordination with regulatory officials
Years of Experience: 6+ years
Education: B.S. in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university
Licensure: Licensed Professional Engineer in Texas
Demonstrated experience in geometric roadway design and/or roadway drainage design
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience in Autodesk Civil 3D and/or Microstation OpenRoads
- Experience with land and site development projects is a plus
HRA offers a competitive salary and benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, 401k retirement plan, and bonus opportunities.